Owen Brown Interfaith Center
7246 Cradlerock Way,
Columbia, MD 21045
Suggested donation $10 per adult
To donate on-line, click here.
Click here for directions.
Set-up and preparation begins at 11 a.m.
Ritual starts at 1 p.m.
Event ends at 3:30 p.m., Cleanup 3:30 - 4:00
Weather permitting, we will enjoy activities and ritual outdoors, on the patio.
In case of inclement weather, we will go inside where the food is set up.
Things for each participant to bring:
- a potluck dish for 10 people to share for the feast
- clothing suitable to the weather
Other stuff participants are welcome to bring:
- stuff to decorate the Samhain altar and the Ancestors’ altar
- Carved Pumpkins and Carved Turnips
- A traditional food to share with the ancestors
- Pictures and mementos of the beloved dead and friendly dead are welcome,
photos of deceased friends, relatives, pets
- Deity and spirit representations
- Dried Corn, Gourds, grain
- Musical instruments, drums
- Items relating to Los Dias de los Muertos (Mexican Day of the Dead)
- Candles are permitted only on the patio.
- Decorations for communal altar
We welcome people to help with set-up.
We LOVE people to stay and help with clean-up.
A kitchen is not available, but you can plug in your crock pot.
Children's activities will include pumpkin painting and graveyard cake decorating,
as well as other fun stuff.